I do, I do, I do.
After years of organizing weddings, The Big Rajah has put in some tips together on creating an impactful wedding with just a few little ideas in our three-part series. To all our readers, please do join in our forum and share some of the most outstanding ideas that you have come across or have organized for your very own day.
1) Invitation cards
– create a logo for your own wedding
– create a caricature of the couple
– design a 3D wedding invitation (my friend once sent out a match stick box as an invitation; a match made as its theme)
– design a newspaper announcement as an invitation, which then gives you space to write about the couple etc
– or simply, handwrite your wedding invitations!
Send out the invitation cards attached with a little gift through a specialized delivery service. For instance, a brooch that the ladies could wear for the wedding.
2) Thank you cards
For indoor weddings, choose venues with a fantastic view. The Big Rajah has a special concession with KL Tower for its guests for instance. That would wow the guests with a magnificent view of the city while the ceremony takes place.
4) Entry Song
Instead of the standard wedding march, have your hubby sing to you as you walk down the aisle (my sister’s husband compose a very romantic song and sang to her while playing the guitar) or have a choir sing as you walk in. That would make a dramatic entrance.
The second part of the article will detail a little more on wedding gowns, colour themes, tents as well as some ideas for desserts. Socrates once said: “By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher”.