Here’s a unique ‘testworthy’ recipe the Big Rajah offers. It is indeed a most tantalizing concoction for piquant prawns which will bite into your memory.
Pick up a shopping bag to begin this quest for the selection of ingredients and let the connoisseur in you interpret this recipe into reality.
1 kg prawns
2 stalks lemongrass
5 gm belachan
5 tbs chilli paste
3 tbs tamarind juice
2 bulbs red onions (diced)
1 tbs garlic (blended)
1 tbs ginger (pounded)
1 tbs chilli powder
50 gm tomato (diced)
100 gm cooking oil
1 tbs brown sugar
Salt to taste
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Serves: 10 pax
1. Peel the 1kg prawns without removing the tail.
2. Wash the peeled praws and drain off the water.
3. Heat a pan and add in the cooking oil.
4. When oil is hot, fry the lemongrass, belachan, diced onions till fragrant.
5. Add in garlic, ginger, diced tomatoes, chilli paste and pour in 2 tablespoons of water.
6. Add in the chilli powder.
7. When the mixture becomes a thick red paste, add in the drained prawns and leave to cook on slow fire for about 6 minutes.
8. Finally, add in the tamarind juice, salt and sugar to taste.
When the cooking’s done, you can relish the scent of spice and savour the fruit of your labour, ambrosial cuisine fit for a king.