If you aren’t a fan of cauliflower (or ‘gobi’ in Hindi), you’re about to be. It’s a tricky vegetable because when it isn’t cooked properly, it can be quite unappetizing. Fortunately, we have the perfect Big Rajah exclusive recipe that will bring out the best of cauliflower. It’s quick, easy and most importantly, very tasty. Saute them in the right mix of aromatic spices and you’ll get a dish fit for royalty, the very reason why the Big Rajah himself allocated the posh name ‘Jaipur’ to the dish.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 10 people
600gm cauliflower – separated into florets
4 pips garlic – finely chopped
4 slices ginger – julienned
4 tbsp chilli sauce
3 tbsp yoghurt
½ tsp garam masala
1 tsp paprika powder
½ tsp tandoori powder
½ tsp. corn flour – diluted in water
4 tbsp. cooking oil
½ cup water
Salt to taste
1. Wash and half cook cauliflower then drain well.
2. Heat saucepan and add oil.
3. Fry the ginger and garlic till fragrant.
4. Add half cup water, chilli sauce, paprika powder, garam masala, tandoori powder and bring it to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and add yoghurt, cauliflower and salt.
6. Cook a further 3 minutes, adding the diluted cornflour and toss until cauliflower is well coated with the sauce.
7. Garnish with chopped fresh onion leaves.